The Garegnano Carthusian monastery – just 200 mts far away from the Accademia Hotel - was founded in 1349 by Archbishop Giovanni Visconti. Little is left of the original 14th century building as it was completely rebuilt between the end of the 16th and beginning of the 17th century by Pellegrino Tibaldi. The walls of the nave are decorated with a fine series of frescoes by Daniele Crespi (1629) with episodes from the history of the Carthusian Order and its founder St. Brunone. On the right of the church there is a late sixteenth-century cloister.
For more information about visit hours visit the web page www.certosadimilano.it